Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Fun XLI

Aloha,

Today I'm a bit late but it's still Friday and so I have some control for you again...
The first time I saw such a control was after I've updated my iPhone to iOS 10. In that release Apple added a sleep timer to the Clock app and this sleep timer looks like follows...



I can't really tell you why but somehow this control looks nice. In this case the use case is very specific but I thought such a control could be fun to use as a time selector. So my idea was to create a control that makes it possible to define a start- and an end-time where the possible range should be within 24 hours.
And this is the biggest difference between Apple's and my control, mine has double as many hours to select.
Well, long story short, here is a litte screenshot of the control...



Because I don't use it as a sleep timer I modified the start and stop icon to a simple triangle for start and a rectangle for stop. This icons are defined in the css file where everything else is done in code.
And to give you an idea how it looks in action here is a little screen video of it...



And as always if you are interested in the code, feel free to fork it at github...

That's it for today...so keep coding...

2 comments: